Help Paying for Services

What Help is Available?

The North Central Texas Area Agency on Aging, funded by Texas Health and Human Services, has a program called "Know Your Options."  It provides temporary help in paying for services that include:

  • housekeeping, personal care, and respite
  • medical equipment and supplies that aren't covered by insurance
  • minor home repairs like grab bars and wheelchair ramps
  • emergency response devices that call family or emergency responders in case of an emergency
  • "Safe Return" registration or home monitors for people who may wander 
  • help with an utility bill

Who Qualifies?

Know Your Options is available to people with memory loss and their caregivers who live in Collin, Denton, Ellis, Erath, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Navarro, Palo Pinto, Parker, Rockwall, Somervell and Wise Counties. 

To qualify, you must must be at least 60 years old, care for someone who's at least 60 years old OR who has dementia, or be at least 55 years old and care for a child with a severe disability.  The program gives priority to caregivers or care receivers with low incomes who aren't getting help from other sources.

What If I Don't Live in One of Those Counties?

Similar programs are available throughout Texas.  Call 1-800-252-9240 to reach the Area Agency on Aging for your area.